HE CERTIFIED AND HIGHLY SKILL TECHNICIANS AT GANANOQUE CHEVROLET BUICK GMC
ARE STANDING BY TO GET YOU BACK ON THE ROAD.
ARE STANDING BY TO GET YOU BACK ON THE ROAD.
BEEN IN ACCIDENT? HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL PHONE NUMBERS YOU MAY NEED!
CSN Gananoque : 613-382-3366
Road Side Assistance: 1-800-268-6800
Kingston Police: 613-549-4660
Gananoque Police: 613-382-4422
Brockville Police: 613-342-0127
Unique Towing: 613-546-0090
STEPS TO FOLLOW AFTER AN ACCIDENT
- Get Help for any Injuries. Call emergency services if anyone is injured.
- Prevent Secondary Accidents. If you can do so safely do what you can to warn approaching traffic by turning on your hazard signals and place reflective triangles or cones around the scene if you have access to a vehicle emergency kit
- Remain at the Scene. According to the Ontario Traffic Safety Act it is illegal to leave the scene of an accident whether you caused it or not.
- Call the Police. You have a legal obligation to call the police if someone is injured. You also may need a police report for your insurance claim.
- Document what you can. Once all injuries have been dealt with and it is safe to do so, record what you can about the accident while it is still fresh. Write down the other party’s license plate, number address, telephone number and insurance information. You should also record any witnesses names and contact information. It can also be handy to take pictures if you have a smart phone or camera with you. You can also record a voice witness statement. Gather as much information as you can.
- Contact a Towing Company. You can contact GM Roadside Assistance: 1-800-268-6800 CAA: 1-800-CAA-HELP or Unique Towing: 613-546-0090 to get your vehicle to our body shop. Don’t have a road side assistance program? Call us at 613-382-3366 and we can help.
- Fill out our Accident Reporting Form Here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What do I do after being in an accident?
The most important step is to make sure everyone is ok. If someone involved is in need of medical attention call 911 right away. Then you can follow our Steps to take after an accident.
2. What if my insurance company tells me where to get my vehicle repaired?
Most insurance companies will direct you to the nearest collision centre that is on their preferred list of repair facilities. Most people do not realize that you have the right to choose where you vehicle gets repaired. You can simply request that your file and vehicle be sent to CSN Gananoque and your insurance company will work with us directly.
3. What information do I need to gather at the time of an accident?
Most insurance claims will require a police report or report from an accident reporting centre. If the police have been called and prepare a report for you at the time of the accident most of the required information will be on the report. The name, address and insurance information of all parties involved will be on the police report.
4. What do I do while my vehicle is being repaired?
Many insurance policy’s offer rental coverage after you have been in an accident. They will often cover the cost of a rental vehicle while your car is being repaired. At CSN Gananoque we have enterprise rental vehicles on site. You don’t have to worry about getting to Kingston to pick up and drop off your rental. One stop shop!
5. Do I have to pay for repair costs out of pocket?
We work with many insurance companies as an authorized Collision repair centre. We work directly with your insurance company to prepare estimates and many insurance companies will provide payment directly to us. Depending on your policy and the accident details, you may have a deductible payable at the time of repairs.
6. What if I don’t have roadside assistance or CAA?
Some insurance policies will have a towing allowance. When you speak with your insurance representative after your collision they will be able to pull up your policy information. If you do not have roadside assistance or a towing allowance, please call us at 613-382-3366 and we will help you through this process.
7. What do I do if I don’t have rental coverage?
We know being in an accident is a stressful situation. The last thing we want you to worry about is having a vehicle to drive during repairs. We do have enterprise rental vehicles on site, however we also have access to loaner vehicles at Gananoque Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac. We will do our best to work with you and help you through your repairs.